Monday, September 15, 2014

And the Rebellious Shall be Pierced with Much Sorrow

Sorrow...



The Rebellious Shall Be Pierced With Much Sorrow
One of the most significant lessons I have ever learned is involved with the story of a prize Holstein heifer calf who got into the alfalfa, and bloated because we could not build a fence which would hold her. One day after dad had built a particularly strong fence to hold her in, I remember thinking to my self that I still hoped she would get out somehow. At that time I admired her independence and wanted her to assert herself against the best efforts of my dad. Well, she did get out and ate green alfalfa, and despite the best efforts of dad to save her, it cost her her life. I remember my feelings the next day when her body was being hauled away in the by-products truck. Her rebellion had cost her her life.
Sometimes our rebellion against authority can cost us dearly. The very things that seem to restrict our freedom are the things that ultimately assure our freedom. True freedom only comes from obedience.
D&C 1:3, And the rebellious shall be pierced with much sorrow for their iniquities shall be spoken upon the housetops, and their secret acts shall be revealed.
—Jack R. Kapp
-------------------------------
Received from Sue Farson Kapp on 2 June 2013 for posting on FamilySearch.org.

**I came across this interesting story on FamilySearch. I left all the information of the Author and source on the posting to cite proper ownership.



2 comments:

donna said...

Thanks for sharing this story....

donna said...

Thanks for sharing this story....